Corporate videos and commercial videos might not sound so different, but in the field of marketing, these are two entirely different entities. In this blog post, we will walk you through what defines a corporate video, its different types, and the difference between the two.
What is a corporate video?
Companies generally use corporate videos to propagate messages regarding the culture, work ethics, and regulations within the company itself to its customers, employees, and sponsors. Rather than promoting a single product/feature to increase conversion rates and boost sales, these videos are aimed at the growth and acclaim of the company as a whole.
How is a corporate video different from a commercial video?
The major difference between a corporate video and a commercial one is that the former lists down the achievements, milestones, future plans, and other inner workings of the company. In contrast, a commercial video only features the product/service being offered at hand and how it can benefit its viewers.
In short, while a commercial video is promotional in nature, a corporate video has the aim of creating awareness about the company, within and outside of it.
What are the different types of corporate videos?
A corporate video usually falls under the documentary, informational, or crowd-funding categories. These different varieties ensure that companies can highlight their culture and work ethics in front of customers through different avenues.
1. Documentaries: These videos generally tend to show how your company was founded, its key milestones throughout the years, what sets it apart from the competition, its future plans, etc.
2. Informational: These videos reveal certain information about your company to the public through videos. These can be the steps that go into the manufacturing of a particular product or the story of those who work behind the scenes.
3. Crowd-funding: These are videos used to fund your company.
How are corporate videos beneficial for businesses?
Apart from being cost-effective in comparison to promotional videos, corporate videos have a lot of benefits when used strategically. Here are a few of them:
1. Reinforce brand identity: Corporate videos are great lenses through which the world can see your company. Through this, customers can understand what your company is all about and how it works through relatable storytelling.
2. Rewarding for employees: Employees need not be paid to appear in corporate videos since they’re usually produced within the office itself. These videos highlight their roles, skills, and work ethics to the world at large. This not only helps them in their respective fields but also encourages them to work even harder for the company.
This results in better output and companies usually see an improvement in quality when it comes to their products and services, resulting in more conversions and sales.
3. Fewer advertisements: One of the biggest benefits of these videos is that they reduce the need to spend money on advertisements. In comparison to advertisements and promotional videos, corporate videos are more rewarding and indirectly help in the growth of your brand.
4. Great ROI: Corporate videos provide one of the best returns on investment when it comes to small and medium businesses that are just starting out or don’t have much capital to play with.
In short, a corporate video is a must-have investment for any brand and can sometimes aid the growth of your business better than an advertisement can.
If you are looking for a video production company to make you the most enthralling corporate video, Realist Films is your best choice. Be it backstage videos or informational snippets, we do it all. Contact us to know more!